With her sister the Star Of France she was a tall ship and shared the honour of being the fastest ship in the J.P. Corry's fleet. Her fastest passage to Calcutta was completed in 77 days during which she snapped nine deck beams.
She was sold to J.J. Moore of San Francisco in 1898 and by 1903 was owned by Pope & Talbot of San Francisco and operated by the California Shipping Company.
Was sold in 1904 to Puget Sound Commercial Company of Port Townsend, Washington State and in 1906 was purchased by the Alaska Packers Association of San Francisco.
In 1927 she was sold to Darling-Singer Shipping & Lighterage Company of San Francisco and by 1935 she was being used as a hulk at Buenaventura in Columbia where all trace of her was lost.