HMS Pevesney Castle
Castle Class Corvette
January 11, 1944
Miss M D Rebbeck
June 10, 1944
No. of Screws
Harland and Wolff Triple expansion 4Cy
Pennant No. K449
Employed on Air Sea Rescue Duties in the South Atlantic in June 1945.
Returned to Portsmouth to reduce to Reserve in February 1946.
In Reserve at Portsmouth during 1947-1952.
Completed a refit at Hull on 12 August 1949 while in reserve.
Into Reserve at Chatham in September 1952.
Into Reserve at West Hartlepool in 1954.
Dehumidified and preserved at Dowsons, South Shields 1954-1955.
Earmarked for transfer to Air Ministry in 1957.
Transferred to the Air Ministry in 1960, converted at Blyth Shipbuilding & Drydock Co. Ltd. (Blyth, U.K.) and renamed