10 October 1888
1 December 1888
Oceanic Steam Navigation Co.
No. of Screws
Triple expansion 2600 Indicated H.P. 60" stroke by H&W
[Charles Haas collection]
She was sister ship to the
and used as a Livestock Carrier on the Liverpool to New York run.
She was chartered to a Spanish company in 1896 and re-named
Neustra Senora De Guadolupe
and used to carry horses from Spain to Cuba.
When her charter finished in 1898 she came back under White Star Line control under her original name.
In 1901 she was sold to the Dominion Line and re-named
In 1915 she was briefly under Elder Dempster control.
1916 saw her sold to a Canadian company retaining her
name. She served as a troop ship in 1917.
She was finally sold in 1919 but sank the same year, during a voyage from the states to Gibraltar with the loss of all her crew.