She was planned to be built at Irvine but the yard was not ready so actually built by H&W at Govan. 31/03/1915 delivered. Eng-H&W - Machinery built by Burmeister & Wain Oil Engine Co at Glasgow, whose works later became H&W Finnieston.
A sister ship Lalandia was taken over by the British authorities and never delivered to East Asiatic Company .
On 3rd July 1936 she left Bangkok on her last voyage for EAC to Copenhagen, where handed over to the new owners. On 18.09.1936 the sale of the ship was reported to Danish Register. She was deleted the same day. Sold to A/S Olymp (Management: Einar Lange, Oslo), Panama and renamed Olymp.
1938 resold to Yngvar Hvistendahl, Tønsberg. Panama-flag, renamed Matros.
1940 sold again to Norseland S.S. Company Inc. (Management: Odd Godager, Oslo), Panama and renamed Norseland.
Purchased on 11.12.1941 by Schweizerische Eidgenossenschaft. Appointed owners: Kriegs-Transport-Amt, Bern (Swiss War Transport Office)(Management: Honegger & Ascott, London), Basel. Renamed at New York into Saentis. Her first voyage for her new owners commenced at the first days of April. She was delayed due necessary repairs, especially at her engines.
In 1943/44 re-engined by Companhia Uniao Fabril, Lisboa, with new Sulzer-Diesels. 2x 6 cylinder 6TS48 with an output of 2400 horsepower and three auxiliary engines of the type 3DDH22 each 220 horsepower and the emergency diesel, type 2ZG9. Fitted with an additional heavy derrick for hatch no. 2. The whole modification took about 8 months, extremely delayed by labour dispute at Portugal.
1947 sold for about Sfr. 1'500'000 to Nautilus A.G. (Glarus), Lugano. Still registered at Basel. Not renamed.
1953 Keller Shipping Ltd., Basel, took over the management of the financially troubled Nautilus A.G., Glarus.
1954 purchased by Keller Shipping Ltd., Basel, this company took over also the Nautilus-Line, which traded from the Mediterranean Sea to West Africa.
Sold on 30th September 1963 to Italian ship breakers. The Saentis arrived at the 20.12.1963 at Vado di Ligure, and demolition began 23.12.1963.