Built for the Bibby Line's Mediterranean services she was the sister of the Istrian and IIIyrian, she had one funnel, four masts, iron hull, single screw, speed 10 knots.
Acquired by Frederick Leyland & Company on 1st January 1873 and started her first Liverpool - Boston voyage on 11th March 1876.
In 1878 she had a new compound engine installed by G. Forrester & Company of Liverpool.
21st November 1885 was wrecked on the south coast of Ireland without any loss of life (Ran aground in thick fog ).
[North Atlantic Seaway, vol. 3, p.985 by N.R.P. Bonsor]