A three masted full-rigged ship. Built to the highest standards of the time. The hull was constructed of iron plates riveted together. The lower masts were constructed of iron, the upper of pine, and the standing rigging was of steel.
In 1897 she visited New York and in 1899 she sailed to San Francisco where she was sold to Shaw, Savill & Albion and changed to Barque Rig. She continued to make record passages.
In 1906 she was sold to Sociedad National de Buques y Maderas of Valparaiso, Chile and carried timber from Puget Sound, Seattle, USA to Valparaiso, a distance of 5000 miles, and Nitrates from Chile across and around the Pacific over the next 10 years.
In 1912 she was sold to M. Garreta of Callao, Chile.
In 1916, she was sold to W.R.Grace of Norfolk, Virginia, USA, and sailed the route from Honolulu, Hawaii to Iquique, Chile, a distance of 5,500 miles, with an average passage time of 41 days.
In 1925, she was laid up in Norfolk, Virginia, and broken up the following year.