Harland and Wolff - Shipbuilding and Engineering Works

In-house Fire Service

Right - Aster Merryweather with a Hatfield pump 1911.

Middle - Engine No.134 is a Leyland FK6 Cub pump with a Braidwood body ex demonstrator with Leyland Motors built in 1938 it was delivered to Harland's in January 1941.

Bottom - Engine No.133  is a wartime austerity machine a Fordson 7V Heavy Unit.

It's believed the yard had a horse drawn steam fire engine before the 1911 motor.

(Information courtesy of Simon Ryan)