Harland and Wolff - Shipbuilding and Engineering Works

  GUCC Fleet No. 139
  Class Town
  Original Type: Motor
  Known As Large Woolwich
  Date Built 15.6.37
  Hull Construction Steel
  Registered RICK 161
  Intended Paring 277
  In 1948, she was transferred to the ownership of British Waterways and then, in the late 1950s and early 1960s, she was leased to Willow Wren Carriers before being abandoned at Braunston in 1963. However, she was taken on by T. Collier in the 1970s, based at Leighton Buzzard. She was used for cargo carrying and was paired with the butty LYRA. In the summer, she also offered camping holidays. By the 1980s, she had been sold again and was employed by R. Fuller carrying stone. The following decade saw her supplying diesel and coal and being used to pump out boats around Little Venice. She was bought by the current owner circa 1997 and was converted to provide living quarters The current engine is an inboard Gardner 3LW, with three cylinders and 53.5 brake horsepower, made in 1948.┬áT.Collier with 306;'73.uncv fs. 10/94 under cloth conversion.8/99. now based Braunston. Seen at Maffers Xmas 2002.ELSTREE