Harland and Wolff - Shipbuilding and Engineering Works



Alperton
  GUCC Fleet No. 207
  Class Town
  Original Type: Butty
  Known As Large Woolwich
  Date Built 29.4.37
  Hull Construction Steel
  Registered COV 544
  Intended Paring 101
 
History
   
  ALPERTON, with her motor the DARLEY, carried cargoes from Birmingham to London until 1948 when British Waterways took over. By the 1950s, she lay disused in the Wendover arm of the canal until the Union Canal Company bought her for carrying and use on camping holidays. The wooden cabin was restored in 1972. Unconverted in early yellow and blue livery.¬†ALPERTON¬†  

Timeline